State Board Meeting
Meeting Minutes 09.15.10
Location: Champs of Ridgedale
Start time: 9:28 pm.
a. State Account
- Doug gave a quick summary of this year’s state account. With the final check handed out to a regional team member all of last year’s business is finished.
- This year we are starting the year with $1,900 more than what we started with last year.
- The state now has a reserve of $2,000 for future clinicians or unseen expenses.
- After this year the state’s financial status will be built to a point were every other year we will be able to bring in high level clinicians from out of state.
- Bob suggested that the state should bring in a National Team coach to help explain the changes that are being proposed for the 2011-2012 season.
- Doug will give a full itemized report at the Fall State Meeting on September 26th.
b. State Calendar
- Vadim has posted the most recent State Calendar.
- The date and location for State Championships has been decided. State will be Hosted by Mini-Hops Gymnastics on March 19-20 at Minnetonka High School.
- Northern Lights has pulled their meet bid from the Minnesota calendar.
c. National Entry Refunds
- All Region 4 Team members were refunded for their entry fee to JO Nationals.
a. 2010 State Clinic
- The clinicians for the state clinic will be Mike Burns, and Kostya Kolesnikov from the University of Minnesota along with some of th U of M gymnastics team.
- It will be held at Mini-Hops Gymnastics on September 26th from 9:30-4:00
- The State Future Stars Testing will be held at North Shore Gymnastics on September 25th from 4:00-7:00.
b. 2010 Grassroots Clinic
- James discussed that he was planning on asking MN Valley if they were still interested in hosting the event.
- Vadim offered Elite Gymnastics as a back-up host.
- All members agree that last year’s new format was very effective.
- James suggests that from now on the host and the clinicians are to be paid for their time during the grassroots clinic.
- All members unanimously agree.
c. 2010-2011 Rules and policies
- Club list still needs to updated
- University of Minnesota schedule needed.
- Changes to Rules and Policies are all approved
- The state website will now all meet information on it, and not just the date.
Meeting Adjournment: 10:47